- Publications & Insights
Stephanie Mulului is a Lawyer in our Intellectual Property and Technology Department of our Nairobi office and a member of the Intellectual Property, Data Protection & Privacy and Technology, Media & Telecommunications Practice.
Stephanie has experience in advising local, regional and International clients on diverse practice areas including Data Protection and Privacy, Trademarks, Copyright Law, Counterfeits, Technology and Telecommunications Law, Corporate governance, Commercial Law, Labour Law and Property Law.
Stephanie undertook and completed her Postgraduate Diploma at the Kenya School of Law. She graduated with a Bachelor of Laws from the Catholic University of Eastern Africa (AMECEA).
*Experience gained prior to joining Bowmans
- Advising various companies on technology and telecommunications law in kenya
- Assisted in the registration of NCBA Trademarks in various African Juurisdictions.
- Provided advice on the regulation of cryptocurrencies in Kenya.
- Advising various clients on Counterfeit Law and assisted in enforcing Intellectual Property Rights offline and online.
- Provided advice to Uber B.V.on various regulatory and compliance matters.
- Reviewed Commercial Agreements including Royalty Agreements, Assignment Deeds, Licensing Agreements, Intellectual Property Agreements, Distributorship Agreements, Franchise Agreements and Master Service Agreements.
- Advised a leading Investigation and Security Services Firm in Kenya on the provisions of the Data Protection Act, 2019 and the Data Protection Regulations, 2021, Laws of Kenya.*
- Prepared and reviewed Data Protection and Privacy Policies in line with the Data Protection Laws for including but not limited to a leading BTL Marketing Company in Kenya.*
- Advised various clients on Employee Disciplinary Procedures; prepared and reviewed Employee Contracts, Disciplinary Procedures Manual and Human Resource Manuals.*
- Advised a Foreign Company on the procedure on change of Particulars of a registered Foreign Company in Kenya migrating from its country of origin to a new Country.*
Publications & Insights
- Kenya: Advising a confidential client on the launch of its satellite services in Kenya
- IP East Africa Quarterly Newsletter – Q2 2023
- Africa: Genericisation of trademarks
- Kenya: TMT Tidbits: Delving into Telecommunications – The Telecommunications sector from an expert’s perspective
- Kenya: Delving into Telecommunications – Challenges faced by service providers in Kenya
- Kenya: TMT Tidbits: Delving into Telecommunications