- Publications & Insights
Ntokozo is a partner in our Corporate department and a member of our M&A practice.
She has experience in a broad range of corporate and commercial transactions, such as domestic and cross-border private M&A, share and asset/business acquisitions and disposals, black economic empowerment transactions, shareholder and joint venture arrangements, and general corporate and commercial matters. Ntokozo also spent 6 months working in Linklaters’ London office, in the Corporate team.
Ntokozo has BCom (Law) and LLB degrees from the University of the Western Cape, and a certificate in Advanced Company Law II from the University of the Witwatersrand.
- Part of the team that advised one of the sellers in respect of the acquisition of Neotel by Liquid Telecom.
- Part of the team that advised Coface South Africa in respect of its B-BBEE transaction.
- Part of the team that advised African Rainbow Minerals on various joint venture and commercial arrangements.
- Advised Orion Resources LLP in respect of its provision of funding to Bushveld Resources, in the form of a mining royalty.
- Advised the consortium of acquirers (including a black private equity fund) in respect of the purchase of Proconics Proprietary Limited, an engineering services firm, including the implementation of a debt push down structure in that regard.
- Advised an Australian listed company on the acquisition of a diamond mining project in Lesotho.
- Part of the core team that advised Kyocera Documents Solutions South Africa (KDZA) (a document management company) in respect of a BEE deal in terms of which Kyocera Corporation – a Japanese multinational ceramics and electronics manufacturer and Nozala Women agreed to increase KDZA’s black economic empowerment ownership to 35%.
- Advising the WPP Group in respect of their employee share ownership scheme and engagements with the B-BBEE Commission in that regard.
- Advised a consortium of BEE investors in respect of their acquisition of a circa USD50million interest in a property company listed in Mauritius and on the JSE.
- Advised a client on their multi-million USD acquisition of prospecting rights for a coal project, including the preparation of all transaction documents.
- Advised a client in relation to a potential acquisition of iron ore assets in Swaziland, including managing the in-country due diligence and assisting the client in presentations to the Minerals Management Board of Swaziland.
- Advised one of the funders in respect of the multi-million USD restructure of debt provided to a multi-jurisdictional telecommunications company.
- Advised a major retail company in respect of its half a billion Rand restructure.
- Part of the team that advised General Electric South Africa Proprietary Limited on their proposed black economic empowerment structure and its implementation, and the restructuring of General Electric South Africa at a holding company level, including drafting all the requisite legal and transaction documents.
- Advised a BEE shareholder in a major South African asset manager in respect of the BEE shareholder’s ZAR 1.5 billion refinancing and group restructuring.