- Publications & Insights
Jay is a Senior Associate in our Cape Town office and a member of the litigation and dispute resolution team.
Jay has particular expertise in insurance and risk, complex personal injury as well as the healthcare and life sciences field.
He provides problem-solving and advice and well as litigation and ADR expertise. He advises on commercial claims, regulatory issues, medical malpractice, complex personal injury claims, litigation and dispute resolution. Jay has acted for and has advised major private healthcare institutions, medical practitioners, large insurers as well with private and listed companies across a broad range of industries, helping them to navigate complex disputes, the healthcare regulatory landscape as well as issues arising from or in connection with all aspects of insurance law and risk.
Jay has BBusSci and LLB degrees from the University of Cape Town.
Publications & Insights
- South Africa: Amendments to the HPCSA Ethical Rules of Conduct
- Common law development: State can compensate a Plaintiff for future medical expenses in kind in lieu of paying damages
- Security companies to take heed of recent billion dollar damages award to rape victim
- Can a doctor withdraw life support from a baby, against the wishes of the parents?
- Laws must change if State hopes to limit medical malpractice awards