- Publications & Insights
Wathingira Gituro is a partner at in our Nairobi office and a member of the Mergers & Acquisition and projects practice group.
Wathingira specialises in private equity, mergers and acquisitions, energy and resources, capital markets and securities law, competition (anti-trust) law, finance and regulatory law.
His experience includes advising on listings, acquisitions, investments and takeovers.
Wathingira has an LLB degree from the University of Nairobi and a diploma from the Kenya School of Law.
Involved in all but 3 of the public M&A transactions that the firm has been involved in from 2009 to date. Highlights include:
- Rubis S.A acquisition of Kenol Kobil.
- Unga Group on its proposed acquisition by Seaboard Corporation.
- Standard Bank Group on its tender offer for shares of Stanbic Holdings Limited.
- Dimension Data Holdings Plc on its take-over of Access Kenya Group.
- REA Trading on its acquisition of Rea Vipingo Plantations Limited.
- Britam on its acquisition of a stake in Housing Finance Company of Kenya Limited held by Equity Bank.
- WPP on its acquisition of additional shares in Scangroup Limited. Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Advised iProcure Limited on its USD 4.5 million equity capital raise.
- Advising Congo Energy Solutions Limited (the holding company of Nuru) on its Series A Capital raise.
- Advising Mr Green Africa Trading Kenya Limited on its debt and Series A Capital raise for the amount of USD 2.5 million.
- Advising LGT Capital on its investment in Copia Inc.’s Series B Capital raise.
- Advising Finplus Limited on its angel investment from a local angel investors.
- Advising a group of angel investors in their investment in The MarketWorks Limited.
- Advising Atlantica Ventures on their investment in Sendy Limited’s Series B Capital raise.
- Advised Quickmart and Tumaini on the merger of the supermarket businesses.
- Advised Sumac Microfinance bank on its USD 1 million debt raise.
- Advised Rubis on its USD 350 million public take-over of KenolKobil Plc which was listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange.
- Advised Kivu Green Energy (now known as Nuru) on its USD 1.5 million capital raise.
- Advised Actus Equity AB on its investment in Riara Group of Schools.
- Centum Investments Company Limited KES 6 billion medium term note programme and on the issue and listing of a KES 4.2 billion medium term note programme.
- UAP Holdings Limited on its KES 2 billion note issuance.
- Real People Kenya Limited on its KES 5 billion medium term note programme.
- Commercial Bank of Africa Limited on its KES 8 billion medium term note with a green-shoe option of up to KES 2 billion.
- Britam Holdings Limited on its KES 6 billion medium term note programme.
- The cross listing of Bank of Kigali on the Nairobi Securities Exchange.
- Public Investment Corporation (of South Africa) on its participation in Kengen’s rump offering.
- The listing by introduction of Deacons Plc and Diageo Plc’s re-organisation of its shareholding in East Africa Breweries Limited.