- Publications & Insights
Tshepo is a senior associate in the Employment and Benefits Department of our Johannesburg Office.
Tshepo specialises in corporate employment law. This practice includes advising on the consequences of business transfer on employment, employment due diligence in M&As, preparing and advising on employment contracts, workplace policies. In addition thereto, Tshepo’s experience includes chairing disciplinary hearings, conducting arbitration proceedings in the CCMA and respective bargaining councils and litigation in the Labour Court and Labour Appeal Court.
Further Tshepo advises on pensions law which comprises of advice regarding pension funds regulatory framework, administration of funds and fund rules.
Tshepo has an LLB from the University of Johannesburg.
- Part of team that advised Africa’s Largest Asset Manager on and conducting disciplinary proceedings against several of its Executive Management employees
- Part of team that advised a South African State-owned entity on the a due diligence for an acquisition of an Oil Refinery.
- Part of team that advised an Italian Listed Company on its acquisition of a South African Publishing company.
- Part of a team that assisted a South African Multination Energy Company in withdrawing from a Collective Agreement that binds its employees to membership of a union affiliated Provident Fund.
- Part of team that advised a state-owned rail company on the discipline of executives pursuant to allegations of corruption in internal forensic report.
Publications & Insights
- South Africa: The Constitutional Court confirms that retrospective rule amendments may not apply before registration by FSCA
- South Africa: Positive or negative, the challenge with breathalyser tests
- South Africa: Withholding pension benefits: Legal requirements an employer must satisfy to interdict a retirement fund from paying out pension benefits
- South Africa: Employers’ liability for sexual harassment in the workplace