- Publications & Insights
Taria is an Associate in our Intellectual Property and Telecommunications, Media and Technology (TMT) Department of our Nairobi Office.
She is a versatile lawyer with post qualification experience in commercial law, technology law and intellectual property law. Her main interest and focus is start-up law advisory, IP advisory and diligence, privacy and data protection, artificial intelligence and emerging technologies. She has a proven track record of providing legal support and transactional assistance to clients in various industries, including finance, real estate, and technology.
Taria has a Bachelor of Laws Degree from Strathmore University, Kenya and a Post Graduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law.
Taria is an Advocate of the High of Court of Kenya and member of Law Society of Kenya and the Internet Society, Kenyan Chapter.
*Experience gained prior to joining Bowmans.
- Undertaking trademark registration of 90 trademarks for a large pharmaceutical company dealing with mass production and distribution of baby formulas.
- Undertaking registration of a YC- Combinator Nigerian Saas Fintench as a digital credit provider with Central Bank of Kenya and as a Data Controller with the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner.
- Providing comprehensive advisory services on various corporate and commercial matters, including business formation, corporate restructuring, intellectual property registration, statutory compliance, and data protection law to a level 5 hospital in Western Kenya.
- Advising a United Kingdom based E-Health company on offering free reproductive health services via social media platforms to the youth in Kenya and undertaking company incorporation, drafting of internal and external company policies and registration of the company as a Data Controller.
- Drafting SAFE Agreements and Investor Agreements for fintech, edtech, health tech and aggrotech start-ups in Kenya seeking funding in different rounds including pre-seed, seed, Series A, B and C from Angel Investors and Venture Capitalists in Kenya.