Summer is a senior associate in the corporate, mergers and acquisitions team in Durban.
She specialises in corporate law, including transactional work. She has experience in drafting and negotiating of shareholders agreements, memoranda of incorporation, joint venture agreements, lease agreements, purchase and sale agreements and other mergers and acquisitions-related agreements. Her main focus is company law and corporate governance.
Summer holds a Bachelor of Arts (Law) and a LLB degree (cum laude) from the University of Stellenbosch.
* Experience prior to joining Bowmans
- Acted for Absa Bank Limited and EFS Namibia Proprietary Limited, Absa Group Limited’s Namibian subsidiary, on the sale of the Edcon store card portfolios, in South Africa and Namibia, to RCS Cards Proprietary Limited and RCS Investment Holdings Namibia Proprietary Limited, wholly-owned subsidiaries of the French bank, BNP Paribas.
- Acted for Invictus Education Group and Investec Bank Limited relative to the introduction of Sommet Education Sarl (Switzerland) as a shareholder of Invictus Education Group; Sommet is acquiring a majority stake in Invictus Education Group, thereby doubling its worldwide footprint.
- Acted for Brookfield Asset Management, a Canadian company which operates renewable power assets, on the sale of 5 Project Companies (as well as their management company located in South Africa) to the Globeleq group.
- Acted for PPC South Africa Holdings Proprietary Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of PPC Limited (listed on the JSE), relative to the sale of its entire shareholding in PPC Lime Limited to Kgatelopele Lime Proprietary Limited.
- Acted for AB Volvo (publ) relative to the carve-out of the UD Trucks business.
- Acted for Deere & Co (listed on the New York Stock Exchange) relative to the sale of its 31.37% interest in Bell Equipment Limited (listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange) to IA Bell.
- Acted for Access Bank Plc (listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange) relative to its proposed investment in Grobank Limited, a public unlisted South African bank.
- Advised the Independent Board of Cartrack Holdings Limited relative to the South African Takeover Regulations, together with the roles and responsibilities of the Independent Board.
- Acted for AngloGold Ashanti Limited, relative to the negotiation and finalisation of three lease agreements relating to residential and commercial mine properties in South Africa.
- Acted for Glencore Operations South Africa relative to the disposal of certain of its non-core assets in South Africa.