- Publications & Insights
Sian is in our Dispute Resolution Department of our Cape Town office and a member of the Employment and Benefits Practice.
She has a broad range of employment law experience, including retrenchment law, unfair dismissal and unfair labour practice claims, employment contract drafting, employment advisory work. drafting workplace policies on parental leave and maternity leave, and employment due diligence processes in the context of corporate restructurings and mergers and acquisitions.
Sian has a Bachelor of Laws degree (summa cum laude) from the University of the Western Cape.
- Assisting with the drafting and amending of the workplace policies for one of the top Banks in South Africa.
Publications & Insights
- South Africa: Public holidays on 15 and 16 December: Like the Springboks, we all win!
- South Africa: Home or host? Employment and tax issues when considering cross-border secondments
- South Africa: Engaging workers via ’employers of record’ has both advantages and risks
- South Africa: When working from home becomes permanent
- COVID-19 and employee time off work: a guideline for employers