Shani is a Forensic Investigator in the firm’s Dispute Resolution Department and a member of the Corporate Investigations practice. She joined Bowmans as a Forensic Investigator in early 2022, having previously worked for the firm as a consultant since 2021.
Shani obtained a degree in BCom Forensic Accounting and an honours degree in BCom Hons Forensic Accounting at the North-West University (Potchefstroom Campus) and is a member of the Golden Key International Honour Society.
Shani’s experience includes, inter alia:
- assisting a repayment administrator that was appointed by the Prudential Authority with the repayment of funds obtained in the investigation of contraventions of the Banks Act;
- analysis and conversion of bank statements to identify any possible irregular payments;
- assisting in an investigation regarding a large group of international companies where there are various allegations of fraud, corruption and exchange control violations;`
- conducting personal and business background searches on XDS (Xpert Decision Systems) and SearchWorks;
- various tasks relating to document management and document review, including documentation control by consolidating and maintaining investigation files and records; and
- Capturing of data.