- Publications & Insights
Pascale Towers is an associate in the Dispute Resolution Department of our Johannesburg office and a member of the Employment and Benefits Practice.
She has experience in corporate advisory work, advising both local and international clients across a broad range of industries on various employment-related matters. She advises and has expertise in a number of labour law areas, including mergers and acquisitions, employment contracts, policies and procedures, restraints of trade, dismissals, conditions of employment and corporate retrenchments.
Pascale obtained a Master of Laws degree (with distinction) and a Bachelor of Laws degree (cum laude) from the University of Cape Town, as well as a Bachelor of Social Science degree (with distinction) from the University of Cape Town.
- Assisted in advising a large labour broker on the treamtnet of labour broking employees for purposes of employment legislation and broad-based black economic empowerment legislation.
- Worked closely with corporate colleagues, advising on the employment and benefits consequences of a number of commercial transactions (sale of business, sale of shares etc.)
- Assisted with advising numerous international clients in setting up business operations and employing their first employees in South Africa.
- Assisted in conducting due diligence exercises across a range of industries, including the technology, biotechnology, mining, beauty and hotel industries.
- Assisted in advising a large retailer in equal pay litigation at the CCMA.