Njeri MainaSenior Associate
T: +254 20 289 9287 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Publications & Insights
Njeri Maina is a senior associate in our Nairobi office in our Finance, Real Estate and Construction Department.
Her areas of specialisation include commercial property transactions, construction and finance.
- Acted for Grit Real Estate Income Group (formerly Mara Delta Holdings Limited) in the purchase and lease back of a pharmaceutical logistics facility from Imperial Health Sciences Kenya Limited and the purchase of the Orbit Chemicals Manufacturing Facility from Stellar Warehousing and Logistics Limited.
- Acted for Tatu City Limited in various industrial property transactions, including the sale of 5.34 acres to Crown Solutions Limited, sale of 6.05 acres to Cold Solutions Kiambu Limited and sale of 30.04 acres to Kenya Wine Agencies Limited.
- Acted for Ideal Locations Limited in drafting and reviewing leases for commercial premises in City Mall Mombasa, and particularly drafted and negotiated the lease to the then anchor tenant, Shoprite Checkers Kenya Limited.
- Acted for Gateway Delta Development Holdings Limited in the land use planning, structuring and purchase of property from Nebange Limited, for purposes of construction of a high-end residential complex for expatriates.
- Advised Kenya Power and Lighting Company Limited Staff Retirement Benefits Scheme 2006 Registered Trustees in its sale of 45 high end town houses in Karen, Nairobi, Kenya, for approximately USD 1,000,000 each.
- Advised Freight Forwarders Solutions Limited (FFS), the contract logistics arm of leading regional logistics group, Freight Forwarders Kenya Limited (FFK) in its 10-year lease of Kenya’s largest ever warehousing complex (14,000 square metres) with ALP North Limited at Africa Logistics Park, Tatu City.
- Advised Sunbird Services Kenya Limited (trading as KOFISI) on the lease of three floors at Riverside Square measuring approximately 46,600 square feet for purposes of setting up furnished co-working office spaces and the subsequent license to GIZ Kenya.
- Advising Interstrat Limited in its leasing of commercial premises to operate the “Big Square” chain of fast food outlets.
- Part of the team that acted for Nairobi Java House Limited in its rebranding and refurbishment of their existing outlets by proposing optimal project models and preparing and negotiating the construction contracts with consultants.
- Part of the team that advised Huawei Technologies (Kenya) Company Limited in relation to the proposed construction of the Africa Data Centre.
- Acted as Kenyan Counsel to Lendable Asset Management LLC in connection with the senior secured term facility to Watu Credit Limited.
- Acted for Stanbic Bank Kenya Limited in several financing transactions and perfected the securities in favour of the bank.
- Part of the team that acted for Pacific Financing LLC, in the senior secured term loan facility to Inventure Capital Corporation.
- Advised SBM Bank Limited on the implication of the repeal of the law capping interest rates on certain banking facilities of the bank.