- Publications & Insights
Nafiisah Jeehoo is a senior associate in the Mauritius office of Bowmans where she advises in investment funds, corporate, tax and commercial law matters.
Prior to joining Bowmans Mauritius, she was a member of the financial services and capital markets team of a leading law firm in Mauritius where she was involved mainly in the formation of private equity funds, private equity transactions, securities offerings and listing of entities.
She has read law at the University of Mauritius and completed the Bar Professional Training Course at Northumbria University. She is also an Affiliate of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). She was called to the Bar of England & Wales in 2014 at the Honourable society of Lincoln’s Inn.
- Assisted in the setting up of a fund of target size not exceeding USD 300 million and whose investment objectives is to make investments primarily in companies either based in, or primarily operating in, Egypt.
- Assisted in the set-up and closings of a USD 600 million fund established under the laws of Mauritius to focus on and invest in opportunities in businesses that provide relevant, affordable and quality financial and healthcare products and services to the emerging consumer.
- Assisted in the set-up and closings of a USD 200 million fund established under the laws of Mauritius to invest primarily in middle market opportunities in sectors including, but not limited to, consumer goods and services, light manufacturing, agribusiness, financial services, business services and education.
- Assisted Lion’s Head Global Partners in the set-up of two funds established under the laws of Mauritius structured to execute primarily debt investments in local and hard currencies, in some instances in partnership with local financial institutions and/or other investors.
* experience gained prior to joining Bowmans
Publications & Insights
- Mauritius: Budget highlights – promising changes relating to debt funds and the fund industry generally
- Mauritius: Budget Brief 2023/2024 – an overview of the salient measures
- Chambers and Partners: Alternative Funds 2022 Guide: Mauritian Chapter
- Mauritius: FSC issues licensing criteria for money lending licence
- Mauritius: The MRA clarifies the tax treatment of distributions made by fiscally transparent entities
- Mauritius: Tax Alert – Update on CIGA requirement
- Chambers and Partners: Alternative Funds 2021 Guide: Mauritian Chapter
- Mauritius: Update to Securities Act aims to encourage investment and economic growth
- Mauritius: Working towards coming off the FATF Grey List
- Mauritius: Amendments to the Securities (Preferential Offer) Rules 2017
- Mauritius: The FSC issues new Special Purpose Fund rules
- Mauritius: Update on FATF grey list
- Mauritius: Global business companies licensed on or before 16 October 2017 should prepare for major changes this year
- Mauritius: Key amendments to the financial services regulatory framework
- Impact Investing in Kenya, Mauritius and South Africa
- Mauritius strengthens its anti-money laundering/ combating the financing of terrorism (AML/ CFT) framework