T: +27 11 669 9257 E: email@example.com
Misty Keep is a partner in our Johannesburg office Corporate Department.
She specialises in mergers and acquisitions and general commercial and corporate matters. Her expertise extends to public and private transactional work in South Africa and other African jurisdictions and she regularly advises on large acquisitions, disposals and listings.
She has a BCom and an LLB (cum laude) from Stellenbosch University, a Certificate in Advanced Company Law from the University of the Witwatersrand and is admitted as an attorney and notary public of the High Court of South Africa.
- Advising Ata Resources Proprietary Limited in relation to its proposed acquisition, together with a consortium of investors, of the entire issued and to be issued share capital in Universal Coal Plc by way of a scheme of arrangement pursuant to Part 26 of the United Kingdom’s Companies Act 2006, and subsequent delist of Universal.
- Counsel to Rand Merchant Investment Holdings in respect of its asset management joint ventures with MMI and Royal Bafokeng Holdings and the acquisition by those joint venture vehicles of minority interests in various asset management businesses in South Africa.
- Assisting Fairfax Africa on its ZAR 1.1 billion equity and debt investment in Consolidated Infrastructure Group pursuant to the recapitalisation of Consolidated Infrastructure Group by way of simultaneous debt standstill, underwritten rights offer and convertible loan.
- Counsel to SABMiller in respect of the combination of the soft-drink bottling operations of SABMiller, The Coca-Cola Company and Gutsche Family Investments (majority shareholders in Coca-Cola SABCO) in Southern and East Africa to create Coca-Cola Beverages Africa, forming the biggest bottler of soft drinks in Africa and the 10th largest in the world, with annual revenue of USD 2.9 billion.
- Counsel to Australian listed financial services technology company IRESS Limited in relation to its acquisition of 100% of the shares in South African financial services technology company I-Net BFA, which were held by Media 24, as well as acquisition of the intellectual property of I-Net BFA.