- Publications & Insights
Kennedy is an associate in our Nairobi office and a member of the Projects, Energy and Infrastructure Department.
Kennedy has experience in energy, natural resource and infrastructure transactions, and a rapidly developing environment, climate change and carbon contracts practice. Kennedy also has a strong background in real estate law.
Kennedy has an LLB degrees from the University of Nairobi, a PGDip in Law from the Kenya School of Law and is completing a BA in International Relations (Development Studies) at the United States International University – Africa. He is an advocate of the High Court in Kenya.
- Advising on the implementation and roll out of a multi-country agroforestry programme to restore the land and livelihoods of over two million vulnerable small-scale farming households and enhance the sequestration of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from changes in land management practices across six countries: Kenya, Malawi, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia and Ethiopia.
- Africa50 and Power Grid Corporation of India Limited who have been mandated by the Government of Kenya to develop, structure, finance and build certain high priority transmission lines on a Public Private Partnership (PPP) basis in collaboration with the Kenya Electricity Transmission Company (KETRACO) (the national electricity transmission utility). This project will be the first privately owned transmission line and the first transmission line PPP in Kenya’s history.
- Advising a consortium of Shandong Hi-Speed, Hass Infra Limited and GVR Infra Projects Limited on Lot 3 of the Kenya Roads Annuity Program. The Lot 3 project scope includes the design, construction, commissioning, financing, operation and maintenance of the Modogashe – Habaswein – Samatar and Rhamu – Mandera (A13 Roads).
- Advising a leading renewable energy and power engineering, construction and investment company on the implementation of utility-scale battery storage system projects in Kenya.
- Assisted in a legal due diligence review in relation to the acquisition of a majority stake in a leading solar solutions company with commercial and industrial solar power projects in six countries in Africa.