- Publications & Insights
Jurisdictions worked in: Australia, Bahamas, BVI, Botswana, Canada Cayman Islands, DRC, Egypt, Ethiopia, Israel, Jersey, Kenya, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Netherlands, Nigeria, Portugal, South Africa, Tanzania, UAE, Uganda, United Kingdom, USA and Zambia.
Joshua will help your business grow. He works with public and private companies, private equity firms and other investment houses, combining his transactional expertise with a deep knowledge of key industry sectors including FinTech, Renewables, Real Estate and Agriculture.
He advises on M&A and finance transactions, and various other corporate and commercial matters, with his private equity practice covering all aspects of private equity work, including fund formations and acquisitions, as well as venture capital work for VC funds, founders and entrepreneurs.
He is well known for his cross-border work in Africa and beyond.
His experience enables him to anticipate key issues, giving you a quicker response. He focuses on front-end planning and really getting to know his clients, to maximize efficiencies and minimize the time spent by your legal and business teams.
He has BCom and LLB (cum laude) degrees from the University of the Witwatersrand. In 2021, he successfully completed the Leading Professional Services Firms Programme run by Saïd Business School at the University of Oxford, United Kingdom. Joshua has also completed an Advanced Negotiation course.
- Advising Digital Currency Group on its acquisition of Luno – a leading Bitcoin and Digital Asset Exchange.
- Advising Valenture Institute, a leading global online high school, on various capital raising and other activities.
- Advising ATON GmbH on its public takeover bid for South African listed company Murray & Roberts.
- Advising Capitec Bank on its acquisition of Mercantile Bank.
- Advising Climate Fund Managers on its various climate fund initiatives including its Green Hydrogen Funds in Namibia and South Africa. Joshua has also advised Climate Fund on biogas transactions in South Africa, Uganda and Mauritius.
- Advising GRIT on various African property acquisitions and financing arrangements.
- Advising Investec Africa Private Equity Fund 2, L.P on various acquisitions in South Africa and Mauritius.
- Advising Gateway Delta and its management on the structuring of its pan African real estate investment vehicle, and advising the vehicle on its acquisitions and investments in Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco and Uganda.
- Advising 4Di Capital on the structuring of various venture capital funds and related acquisitions.
- Advising Agri-Vie on the structuring and raising of its second agri-focused private equity fund.
- Advising Sanari Capital on the structuring and raising of various funds and on its M&A activities.
- Advising Inspired Evolution on its second energy focused fund.
Publications & Insights
- Chambers and Partners: Acquisition Finance 2023 Guide – South African chapter
- Chambers and Partners Fintech 2023 Guide South African Chapter
- Chambers and Partners: Fintech 2022 Guide: South African Chapter
- Chambers and Partners: Acquisition Finance 2021 Guide: South African Chapter
- Impact Investing in Kenya, Mauritius and South Africa
- The Chambers Global Practice Guide on Acquisition Finance 2019
- Proposed Amendments to Venture Capital Company regime
- Administrative Penalties: A deterrent to market abuse?