- Publications & Insights
Jessica is an Associate in our Nairobi office and a member of the Projects, Energy & Infrastructure Department.
Jessica has experience in a wide range of corporate and commercial matters including mergers and acquisitions, corporate advisory work, private equity transactions, regulatory compliance and private client work.
Jessica is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya and a member of the Law Society of Kenya. She holds a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from the Catholic University of Eastern Africa and a Postgraduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law.
*Experience gained prior to joining Bowmans
- Advising a leading renewable energy and power engineering, construction and investment company on the implementation of utility-scale battery storage system projects in Kenya.
- Advising on the implementation and roll out of a multi-country agroforestry programme to restore the land and livelihoods of over two million vulnerable small-scale farming households and enhance the sequestration of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from changes in land management practices across six countries: Kenya, Malawi, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia and Ethiopia.
- Assisted in a legal due diligence review in relation to the acquisition of a majority stake in a leading solar solutions company with commercial and industrial solar power projects in six countries in Africa.
- Advising a consortium of Shandong Hi-Speed, Hass Infra Limited and GVR Infra Projects Limited on Lot 3 of the Kenya Roads Annuity Program. The Lot 3 project scope includes the design, construction, commissioning, financing, operation and maintenance of the Modogashe – Habaswein – Samatar and Rhamu – Mandera (A13 Roads).
- Advising a leading oil company on its biofuel and decarbonization project in Kenya.
- Assisted in carrying out due diligence review(s) for various transactions relating to the sale and purchase of shares in various companies including a leading oil and gas company, a high-end exclusive safari lodge, a medical manufacturing company and several private clients.*
- Assisted in providing advice to a leading global investor in relation to tax laws and regulations for generation of geothermal power in Kenya.*
- Assisted in providing advice to various local and international payment service providers, money remittance operators and fintech companies on their licensing requirements and general regulatory compliance.*
- Assisted in a wide range of commercial advisory matters in relation to business set up and corporate compliance, corporate governance, business restructuring as well as general corporate advisory and regulatory matters.*
Publications & Insights
- What The Carbon – Series 2: Kenya opens a path to carbon trading: Proposed Climate Change (Amendment) Bill, 2023
- The role of grid scale battery energy storage systems in helping Kenya achieve its renewable energy goals
- Kenya: What the carbon – series 1: a snapshot of the recent developments in Kenya’s carbon space
- Kenya: The road to COP27 – Actions towards a greener future for Kenya