Jacques is a senior associate in the Corporate Department of our Johannesburg office and a member of the Mergers and Acquisitions practice.
He has experience in advising local and foreign clients on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions, as well as general commercial and corporate expertise, including in the areas of company law, due diligence and the application of the JSE Listings Requirements.
Jacques has an LLB degree from the University of Stellenbosch.
- Advised Lanxess (Pty) Ltd (as well as Lanxess Deutschland GmbH) on the ZAR1.3 billion disposal of Lanxess CISA (Pty) Ltd and other assets relating to its chrome chemicals business in South Africa to a global leader in the leather chemicals industry based in China.
- Advised one of the largest energy and chemicals companies in South Africa on the disposal of its explosives business and related assets to a newly established joint venture company comprising foreign and local participants.
- Advised a leading French waste management company on, and performed, a comprehensive acquisition due diligence concerning the assets of a major South African environmental and waste services company.
- Assisted in advising Swiss engineering company ABB on the South African leg of the global disposal of its power grids business division.
- Assisted in advising on the comprehensive corporate and debt restructuring of a major South African construction materials company.