- Publications & Insights
Ineke is a senior consultant in our M&A Practice Group based in Cape Town.
She has experience in corporate and commercial law and with a special focus on hotel and leisure. Ineke has been involved in a number of legal due diligence investigations, she advises on commercial property transactions, leases, share sale and shareholders’ agreements, restructures, sale of business, franchise agreements and joint venture arrangements.
She has BCom and LLB degrees from Stellenbosch University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Tax Law (cum laude) from the University of Cape Town.
Ineke’s recent transactions include:
- Advising Onomo Hotels in relation to:
- its acquisition of the immovable property and hotel business known as “aha-Inn on the square” from HPF Properties;
- the development of the Onomo Hotel Durban; and
- its acquisition of Signature Lux by Onomo Hotel, Sandton;
- its acquisition of Signature Lux by Onomo Hotel, Waterfront;
- its acquisition of Signature Lux by Onomo Hotel, Foreshore; and
- its proposed restructure of the BON Group Companies and proposed purchase of BON Hotels.
- Advising Hyatt International (Europe African Middle East) LLC in relation to its hotel operations in South Africa.
- Advising United Africa Group Proprietary Limited in relation to its franchise agreement negotiations with Hilton for Hilton Windhoek.
- Advising Premier Hotels in relation to a Co-Operation Agreement.
- Advising Asilia Africa Limited in relation to its acquisition of Go2Africa (Pty) Ltd.
- Advising Virgin Hotels Limited part of the Virgin Group in relation to:
- its acquisition of the Mont Rochelle Hotel and Vineyards in Franschhoek; and
- ongoing legal advice to Ulusaba Private Game Reserve.
- Advising RAB Limited on its acquisition of Doolhof Wine Estate.
- Advising Marumaru in respect of a hotel lease agreement with ANEW Hotels.