- Publications & Insights
Ibrahim Godofa is an Associate in our Nairobi office and a member of the Intellectual Property and Technology Practice Group.
Ibrahim has experience in a wide range of IP transactions as well as IP litigation matters; technology, media & telecommunications advisory; FinTech regulatory and compliance; as well as data protection and privacy assignments. He has advised and continues to advise diverse clients with interests at local, regional and international levels.
Ibrahim holds a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from the University of Nairobi and a Postgraduate Diploma in Law (PGDip – Law) from the Kenya School of Law. Ibrahim also has professional qualifications in arbitration and holds various roles in multiple international arbitration interest groups.
- Acting for an international board game company in a trademark opposition against two Kenyan entities operating in the entertainment and manufacturing industries.
- Acting for a large British multinational car manufacturer in a trademark opposition instituted against it by a British multinational chemicals company in Kenya.
- Acting for Bidco Africa Limited in the registration of its trademarks in multiple African countries.
- Acting for a Kenyan manufacturer of rubber products in a complex patent litigation involving the design of a wheelbarrow wheel.
- Assisting several clients with Trademark and Patent matters under KIPI (local), ARIPO, OAPI, and WIPO systems.
- Acting for the Jack Ma Foundation in connection with its flagship philanthropic programme in Africa (ABH) including in platform documentation, media distribution agreements, partner agreements, sponsor arrangements, intellectual property protection, and data privacy advice.
- Acting for a multinational corporation specializing in optical, imaging, and industrial products with anti-counterfeit assistance against its products in the Kenyan market.
- Assisting several confidential clients with regulatory review and advice on virtual currencies, virtual currency exchanges, digital tokens, crypto wallets, and crypto securities in Kenya.
- Advising various clients, both local and international, on data protection compliance including audits of data processing activities and developing of appropriate policies and procedures to regulate processing activities.
- Acting as a Tribunal Secretary in various ad hoc and institutional arbitration matters touching on diverse subject matters.