Ginger Grace Ouma is an associate in the General Finance and Real Estate Department of our Nairobi Office.
Ginger has experience in commercial law and litigation, banking and finance, land and property law as well as drafting of legal instruments.
Ginger has an LLB-Hons degree from the University of Nairobi and a Post Graduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law.
* Experience gained prior to joining Bowmans
- Advised clients on various real estate issues such as the disposal of public and community land, the interpretation of contracts in respect of property as well as security agreements.
- Advised clients on proposed financings to various borrowers, assisted in the negotiation of the transaction documents such as facility agreements, security agreements and the ancillary documents.
- Attended to the perfection of securities at the land registries, the companies registry and the collateral registry.
- Attended to the discharge of securities registered at the collateral registry and drafted the requisite documents required for such transactions.
- Advised clients interested in purchasing land or property on comprehensive due diligence processes to be undertaken in respect of the land or property.
- Advised clients on the national payment systems and the legal requirements for payment service providers to operate within Kenya.
- Advised clients in various real estate transactions such as lease negotiations, the transfer of land and the surrender of land.
- Advised clients on the process of acquiring land, conducting due diligence and drafted the requisite documents being agreements for sale, memoranda of understanding, transfers and charges.
- Advised clients on the reconstruction of missing registry files and replacement of titles.