- Publications & Insights
Brenda Wangila is an associate in the Dispute Resolution department, Nairobi Kenya.
Brenda has experience in commercial litigation including employment and labor relations, Governance, Compliance and Investigations, insolvency, real estate, land and environmental litigation, intellectual property and data protection litigation, arbitration, debt recovery and general dispute resolution.
She has an LLB degree from the University of Nairobi. She also holds a Postgraduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law.
Brenda is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya and a member of the Law Society of Kenya.
- Representing Uber Kenya Limited in two disputes pending before the High Court against Uber BV driver partners.
- Part of the team representing a commercial bank in arbitration matters.
- Acting for an oil and gas company in an arbitral dispute where the claim is approximately KES 376,000,000.
- Acting for various multinational corporations in intellectual property disputes in the High Court, Court of Appeal, and tribunals.
- Acting for various corporations in employment and Labour disputes in the Employment and Labour Relations Court and Court of Appeal.
- Advising on corporate investigations local and international companies, and developing various police framework documents.
Publications & Insights
- Harnessing Africa’s free trade agenda – AfCFTA Protocol on the Settlement of Disputes
- Kenya: Legitimate expectation does not arise in a fixed term contract and non-renewal of a fixed term contract cannot constitute unfair termination
- Kenya: NSSF Act, 2013 declared constitutional by Court of Appeal, higher contribution rates now in effect
- Kenya: It is discriminatory to provide different terms and conditions of employment to permanent and temporary employees in the same cadre