- Publications & Insights
Bertha Mwarija is a senior associate in our Dar es Salaam office.
Bertha specializes in mergers and acquisition and works on projects in the corporate, mining and energy, telecommunications, intellectual property and finance sectors.
She has a Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law School of Tanzania and a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from the Ruaha University College, Iringa.
Bertha is an Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania and a member of the Tanganyika Law Society and the East Africa Law Society
She is fluent in English and Swahili.
- Assisted in providing advice in various merger and acquisition transactions to a wide range of international and local companies on Fair Competition Commission clearance in respect of acquisition of businesses, assets and shares in Tanzania.
- Advising telecommunication companies and mining companies on the restructuring and compulsory public listing of shares in the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange.
- Assisted in drafting and providing advice and security documents for a cross jurisdictional commodity finance transactions.
- Assisted in advising international companies on secured convertible loan and Fair Competition Commission clearance in relation to an investment in rural electrification project in Tanzania.
- Assisted on providing company secretarial services to local companies and subsidiary companies in corporate and regulatory compliance.
- Assisted in advising various companies on due diligence in relation to proposed acquisition of companies in Tanzania.
- Assisted in advising international and local companies with registration of various brands and intellectual property in Tanzania.
- Assisted in providing regulatory and corporate advice to various international and local clients on matters in land, employment and immigration laws.
- Assisted in advising clients on the non-citizen employment compliance with the Ministry of Labour and Immigration Departments.
- Assisted in corporate advice to mining companies in Tanzania in relation to local content shareholding and obtaining required approvals and licences.
* experience gained prior to joining Bowmans