Tshidi is a senior associate in the Corporate Department of our Johannesburg, South Africa office and a member of the Competition Practice.
Tshidi specialises in all aspects competition law and has been involved in various merger notifications in various African jurisdictions. Tshidi has experience in providing competition law advice to clients across various industries in respect of horizontal and vertical restrictive practices, abuse of dominance cases, market inquiry investigations and competition litigation
Tshidi has clerked at the Constitutional Court in 2017/2018 for Acting Justices Jody Kollapen and Patricia Goliath.
Tshidi has a Bachelor of Arts (cum laude) and LLB (cum laude) degree from the University of the Witwatersrand.
- Advising clients relating to merger approval in various African jurisdictions, including South Africa, Eswatini, Namibia, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and Zambia.
- Advised Yamana Gold Inc., from a South African perspective, on the disposal of its shares to GoldFields Limited.
- Advised Digital Titan (Pty) Ltd, from a South African perspective, in its acquisition of TDE Investments (Pty) Ltd.
- Advised CNH Industrial on the acquisition of the four business divisions of Capital Equipment Group from Invicta Holdings from a South African, Zimbabwean and Eswatini merger perspective.
- Advised a multinational ecommerce corporation, from a South African perspective in the establishment of a South African presence.
- Advised a multinational ecommerce corporation, from a South Africa, in respect of complaint proceedings before the South African Competition Commission.
- Advised various corporations, from a South African perspective, in respect of the South African Competition Commission’s Online Intermediation Platforms Market Inquiry.
- Advised a large South African brewery in relation to litigation proceedings before the Competition Tribunal.
- Assisted in providing competition law advice for one of the largest airlines in the aerospace and airlines industry in South Africa.
- Assisted in providing pension law advice to Transnet in the first of its kind class action litigation.