- Publications & Insights
Sahirun is an associate of our Mauritius office.
She is a corporate lawyer who specialises in corporate and employment law.
Prior to joining Bowmans, she was with a business law firm in Mauritius where she was part of the advisory team dealing with listed entities, relating to the acquisition/selling of Mauritian holdings and on public private partnerships matters for the projects (road, wastewater management, and airport sector). She drafted and assisted negotiation on the contracts related to these projects (memorandum of understanding, transfer and acquisition of shares, shareholders agreement, licence, power purchase agreement, etc.). She has also drafted employment contracts and advised on redundancy matters. She also set up the internal compliance procedures for the firm.
Sahirun holds an LLB (Hons) from the University of Kent, an LLM (Commercial Laws) from the University of Hertfordshire and a BPTC from City University.
- Advising a well-known construction company as part of a joint venture in Mauritius relating to the bidding and subsequent agreements following the successful tender process in relation to the construction of a roundabout on the motorway in Mauritius;*
- Advising a French listed entity relating to agreements in relation to the development of airports;*
- Advising a worldwide well-known Hotel group on the sale of one of its subsidiaries listed on the dem market*.
*experience gained prior to joining Bowmans
- Member of the Mauritius Bar Association
- Member of the Honourable Society of Inner Temple, UK
Publications & Insights
- Mauritius is now a member of the Madrid System
- Mauritius: Imminently able to protect trademarks in line with the Madrid System
- East Africa: Restructuring Quarterly Bulletin December 2022
- East Africa: IP East Africa Quarterly Newsletter – Q3 2022
- Mauritius: FSC publishes answers to frequently asked questions on Variable Capital Companies
- East Africa: Restructuring Quarterly Bulletin June 2022
- Mauritius: FSC publishes guidelines and fees for virtual assets and initial token offerings
- Mauritius: Variable capital companies – another step towards enhancing the Mauritius international financial centre
- Mauritius: An overview of the new regulatory framework of virtual assets and initial token offerings
- Mauritius: Portable retirement gratuity fund – mandatory contributions by employers as from January 2022
- East Africa: Restructuring Quarterly Bulletin November 2021
- Mauritius – the state of AML/CFT compliance
- Mauritius: Overview of the 2021-22 Budget – Recovery, Revival and Resilience
- Mauritius: Implications of work from home regulations