Phakamile is an associate in our Banking and Finance Department of our Johannesburg office and a member of the General Finance Practice.
Phakamile has experience in corporate finance, structured finance, leveraged finance, syndicated finance, fund financing, acting for both lenders and borrowers. She also has experience with structured products and issuances in the debt capital market.
She has a BCom (Law) degree and an LLB degree from the University of the Witwatersrand.
- Advising a syndicate of lenders in relation to the refinancing and corporate restructure of the Ascendis Group in relation to various existing and new money loan advanced by the lenders, pursuant to a third amendment and restatement agreement to the senior facilities agreement concluded between the Ascendis Group and the lenders.
- Advising the Afrisam Group on a debt and corporate restructure in relation to various existing loans advanced by the lenders pursuant to a common terms agreement entered into between the Afrisam Group and the lenders.
- Advising the Imperial Group on obtaining its first sustainability linked revolving capital facility from Nedbank Limited.
- Advising FirstRand Bank Limited (acting through its Rand Merchant Bank division) in respect of the refinancing of the existing indebtedness of the Goldrush Group.
- Advising BNP Paribas on issuances and JSE compliance matters in respect of its note warrant and certificate programme.
- Advising the Absa Bank Limited (acting through its Corporate and Investment Banking division) in respect of a syndicated ZAR 10.2 billion facility made available to Harmony Gold Mining Limited for the purposes of (i) funding solar power units; and (ii) financing its general corporate purposes.