Paul Hart-Davies is a partner in our Cape Town office Corporate Department.
He specialises in general corporate and public law. Paul advises various local and provincial government bodies on a wide-range of projects and transactions.
He was a member of the City of Cape Town’s negotiating team for the World Cup 2010, being the lead legal adviser. Paul served on the Cape Law Society’s Commercial Committee for the past 10 years and is also a past committee member of the Franchising Association of South Africa (FASA).
He has particular expertise in hospitality law, including being a specialist in franchise law, representing many international franchises and new franchise businesses.
- Advised Northern Cape Government on hosting international events and negotiating the first World Series Skateboarding Events in South Africa.
- Advised the City of Cape Town on the construction and development of the Cape Town Stadium.
- Advised City of Cape Town on legal contracts and negotiations in hosting World Cup 2010.
- Lead legal advisor to the industry in establishing the MyCiti IRT transport project in Cape Town (2010 to date).
- Lead legal advisor to City of Cape Town in the expansion of the Convention Centre in Cape Town (2011 to date).
- Legal advisor to City of Cape Town on introduction of N2 Express MyCiti bus service in Cape Town, negotiating and finalising the roll-out.
- Lead advisor to the Western Cape Government on the establishment of broadband throughout the Western Cape, including advising on structures, institutions and infrastructure.
- Advised on establishment, set up and construction of largest African Art Museum in Cape Town.
- Legal adviser to the University of Cape Town and the Cape Province University of Technology in structuring and implementing in-sourcing in both institutions.
- Advising various international and national franchises on their structures and agreements.