Lyndal will help you protect the most valuable asset your business has – its reputation. She uses her knowledge of the law and her experience of working with major businesses across Africa to resolve disputes, helping clients avoid costly, stressful litigation wherever possible. But if litigation becomes necessary then she will doggedly fight your corner.
Her clients are both public and private corporations in sectors including FMCG, auditing, financial services, telecommunications, mining and construction and engineering. Her recent, high-profile work with major audit firms and FMCG companies has honed her skills as a strategic problem solver.
Her experience enables her to walk into what are often highly charged situations and bring a sense of calm and order. She helps her clients develop a structured and bespoke approach to critical incidents, so they can continue to run their business successfully while Lyndal and her team protect their interests.
A key part of this is her communication style. She makes sure her clients always know what is happening at every stage, so they don’t have to ask. And she trains the lawyers in her team to behave in the same way, to ensure a consistency of approach.
Her clients appreciate her direct, fair approach which is built on having good relationships. This extends to her opponents in disputes – a good conversation can often solve a problem, rather than being deliberately combative. But at the heart of everything are her client’s interests. She will protect them with tenacity.
Lyndal has been with Bowmans for 17 years. She was made a partner in 2015 and Co-Head of Bowmans’ South African litigation practice in 2021.
- University of Cape Town, Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Law and Psychology.
- In 2021, Lyndal completed the Leading Professional Services Firms Programme run by Saïd Business School at the University of Oxford, United Kingdom.
- Lyndal has successfully run numerous court cases and arbitrations on behalf of major corporate clients of Bowmans.
- She has, for a number of years, acted for a large auditing firm in respect of a number of high profile and public interest litigation matters.
- She is currently acting for a multinational FMCG company in arbitration proceedings relating to a breach of contract claim and the recovery of significant damages.
- She has acted for a listed entity in arbitration proceedings against South Africa’s largest supplier of steel pertaining to the enforcement of a long-term gas supply agreement.
- She has acted for a telecommunications company in a matter regarding the interpretation of certain provisions of the Electronic Communications Act which dispute she successfully ran all the way to the Constitutional Court.
- She has acted for an Israeli communications satellite operator in litigation proceedings against a German television and radio provider in South Africa.
- She has acted for a global software services provider in respect of the gaming platform it provides to the National Lottery operator.
- She has acted for the majority shareholders in a public company in a dispute involving the interpretation of a shareholder’s agreement and the provisions of the Companies Act.