Lucien Lewin is a Partner in our Cape Town Litigation practice and a member of the Firm’s Dispute Resolution department.
Most of Lucien’s litigation practice involves commercial contractual disputes, including franchise agreement and shareholder agreement disputes. He actively represents clients involved in shareholder and director disputes and has successfully represented well-known and respected directors in South Africa. He has acted in matters involving Intellectual Property disputes, Administrative Law, Constitutional Law, Sectional Title Law, Company Law, Competition Law and Construction Law.
A brief summary of Lucien’s experience includes the following:
- Obtaining interim relief against a major South African metro while representing the homeless living in that city on a pro bono basis and enforcing their constitutional rights.
- Successfully representing a well-known health and fitness chain in various litigious matters over a number of years.
- Advising and representing the board of a non-profit company responsible for the management of one of South Africa’s national sports. Lucien assisted the company in respect of various company law, employment law and administrative law matters. Lucien was key in assisting the company in dealing with historical mismanagement.
- Successfully managing litigation in London on behalf of an Isle of Man based company.
- Advising and representing companies in the fruit import and export sector.
- Advising logistics companies based in ports in South Africa and Mozambique.
- Advising and representing a large and well-known South African plastic packaging company and its related entities on a range of legal issues.
- Advising and representing the shareholders and directors of a group of companies in the high-end tourism industry.
* includes experience gained prior to joining Bowmans