- Publications & Insights
Khazi is an associate in our Johannesburg office and a member of the Public Law and Regulatory Practice.
Khazi works on a wide range of regulatory matters including assisting in providing advice on the interpretation and application of statutes,
Khazi has experience in regulatory, compliance and litigious aspects arising from mining, energy and environmental legislation. She has also conducted Due Diligence and provided legal advice for companies operating in chemical, mining and energy sectors.
Khazi completed her LLB Degree and BSc Chemistry, both at the University of Pretoria.
- Represented and advised ACWA Power Proprietary Limited, in the Khanyisa project comprising the construction and operation of a coal fired power station. In relation to internal appeals, appeals, review and applications, in terms of the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act, 2002 and the National Environmental Management Act, 1998.
- Drafted opinions in respect of Atha-Africa Ventures Proprietary Limited, a mining entity. Further represented the entity in a mining and environmental dispute that was heard by the Constitutional Court.
- Undertaking environmental, mining, and health and safety due diligences focused on legislative and regulatory compliance for different operations, including manufacturing, mining and industrial operations.
- Providing general regulatory advice to local and international corporations on compliance with environmental and health and safety laws in different operations.
- Advising on environmental and other regulatory issues in various commercial transactions across various sectors, including in the mining, industrial, consumer goods and renewable energy sectors.