Jayson George is an associate in the Banking and Finance Department and a member of the General Finance Practice in our Cape Town and Stellenbosch offices.
Jayson has experience in general finance, preference share funding transactions, leverage finance, structured finance, secured and syndicated lending, acquisition finance, as well as general corporate and commercial matters, including company law, corporate governance and running due diligences.
He has advised and acted on behalf of investment banks, commercial banks, high net-worth individuals, private and public borrowers, and issuers. Some of his clients include Old Mutual, Investec Bank Limited, Nedbank Limited, Rand Merchant Bank, Absa Bank Limited, Sanlam, Coca-Cola Beverages Africa and African Rainbow Capital.
He has an LLB degree from the University of Cape Town and is an attorney of the High Court of South Africa.
Jayson has most recently acted in the following matters:
- Advising Coca-Cola Beverages Africa in relation to ZAR 30 billion’s worth of funding from a consortium of banks for multiple of its subsidiaries in 8 jurisdictions across Africa and in the UAE.
- Advising MTN Group in respect of refinancing term and revolving credit facilities of an aggregate amount of ZAR 9 billion from various financial institutions in South Africa.
- Advising African Rainbow Minerals Limited and its wholly-owned subsidiary ARM Bokoni Mining Consortium (Pty) Ltd in respect of a preference share transaction in an aggregate amount of ZAR 3.5 billion for its acquisition of all the shares of Bokoni Platinum Mines (Pty) Ltd (BPM) from Bokoni Platinum Holdings (Pty) Ltd.
- Advising Curro Holdings Limited in respect of raising syndicated term and revolving credit loan funding in an aggregate amount of ZAR 3.5 billion from five financial institutions in South Africa.
- Advising Nedbank Limited in respect of a USD 375 million syndicated term facility for De Beers Marine Namibia.
- Advising Kaap Agri Bedryf Limited in respect of a term facility of ZAR725 million for its subsidiary TFC Operations for the acquisition of all of the shares in the PEG Retail group of companies.
- Advising Investec Bank Limited in relation to the restructure of its ZAR450 million term loan facility provided to GameMine;
- Advising Absa Bank Limited in relation to a revolving credit facility of ZAR300 million under a common terms agreement with the GRW Group of Companies;
- Advising Old Mutual Hybrid Equity in respect of its preference share funding to a black women-owned and managed investment holding company Afropulse Group in relation to Afropulse Group’s broad-based black empowerment deal involving the acquisition of a 6.56% shareholding in Imperial Logistics South Africa (ILSA);
- Advising Old Mutual’s Education Investment Impact Fund of South Africa in relation to its provision of debt and equity funding to establish the Stedin Independent School and Etham College School respectively;
- Advising Absa Bank Limited in relation to its provision of preference share funding to Ata Capital and the Respiratory Care Management in respect of their indirect acquisition of all of the shareholding of Ascendis Health Group Limited in Respiratory Care Africa;
- Advising Sanlam’s SanPref in relation to its provision of preference share and debt funding to a consortium of issuers and a single borrower in respect of their acquisition of all of the shares in QLINK Holdings;
- Advising FirstRand Bank Limited (acting through its Rand Merchant Bank division) in respect of its funding to multiple high net-worth individuals for investment and acquisition purposes by such individuals;
- Advising Coca-Cola Beverages Africa in relation to its Ethiopian subsidiary’s acquisition of funding from Standard Bank of South Africa Limited; and
- Advising African Rainbow Capital in respect of its provision of debt and preference share funding to Kropz Plc to fund its Kropz Elandsfontein entity’s operations.