Jackie LafleurSenior Associate
- Publications & Insights
Jackie Lafleur is a Senior Associate in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department in Johannesburg.
Jackie has over 10 years’ experience in general commercial litigation. She represents and advises corporate and commercial clients in a variety of industries including banking, property, mining, construction, agriculture and FMCG. Jackie advises on all aspects of commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution and represents clients in complex contractual disputes in the High Court, arbitrations and mediations.
Jackie is also experienced in international arbitration, having represented clients in the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID).
Jackie is also a qualified mediator.
She holds a LLB degree from the University of the Witwatersrand and an LLM degree from the University College of London
- Acted for a large steel corporation in ICC arbitration proceedings in a dispute concerning the construction of an underwater gas pipeline, worth over EUR 60 million.
- Successfully defended liquidation proceedings against an international consumer brands company, which included a claim for payment in excess of ZAR 96 million.
- Advised a gold producer in a contractual dispute (FIDIC Silver) with a contractor concerning the construction of a gold tailings facility worth over ZAR 1.6 billion.
- Successfully represented Erine International Limited in a shareholders’ dispute worth over ZAR 60 million against directors of the Abalengani group of companies in the High Court.
- Acted for a property development company in AFSA arbitration proceedings and High Court proceedings in a contractual dispute arising out of the development of a large commercial property in Johannesburg.
- Acted for a large Tanzanian telecommunications company in a shareholders’ dispute with a number of South African entities in ICC arbitration proceedings.
- Acted for a State in ICSID proceedings regarding alleged violations of a construction contract concluded with a local company.
- Recognised by the Association of Young Arbitrators as one of Africa’s 50 Most Promising Young Arbitration Practitioners for 2020.