Hezekiah is a Junior Associate in our Kampala office.
Hezekiah mainly advises clients in the telecoms, media and technology sectors concerning data privacy and protection and also advises financial technology companies under the national payments framework. Hezekiah actively engages in corporate advisory to several clients of the firm and in addition, advises on estate planning and management mandates for high net-worth clients.
Hezekiah is an Advocate of the High Court of Uganda and holds an LLB degree from Makerere University Kampala and a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre.
- Advises a number of payments companies on the acquisition of licenses and compliance under the National Payments Systems Act including Wave Mobile Money, Yo Uganda, MFS Africa, O Pay Inc and Mastercard Technologies.
- Acts for Citibank Uganda Limited on matters to do with corporate due diligence and compliance.
- Retained by Mayfair Insurance Company Uganda Limited on matters to do with corporate governance, corporate due diligence, and compliance.
- Advised Kuku Foods Holdings East Africa Limited (KFEA) on its restructuring in all its East African subsidiary.
- Routinely advises leading technology companies e.g Uber, Glovo, Facebook, Apple and Google on compliance under the Data Protection and Privacy laws.
- Advises various financial institutions e.g Citibank, Stanbic Bank Uganda, Stanbic Bank Kenya and NCBA Bank on the securitization and creation of charges under the security in movable property law.
- Advised Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V on structuring its interests in various agricultural interests in Uganda.
- Advised LONGi Green Energy Technology Co LTD on the winding up of its subsidiary company incorporated in Uganda.
- Acts for Facebook Inc in matters relating to the shutdown of its operations in Uganda.
- Routinely advises Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V on data protection and privacy mandates.
- Advised MultiChoice Africa Limited in a legal compliance due diligence.
- Advises different high net-worth Clients on estate matters including management of estates and estate planning.