Faye is a senior associate in our Johannesburg office, and a member of the Dispute Resolution Practice.
Faye has experience in High Court commercial litigation, private commercial arbitration matters, Tax Court litigation and has been involved in matters before the Supreme Court of Appeal and Constitutional Court. Her experience covers a wide range of disputes in the areas of commercial, corporate and contractual law, delict, administrative law and class action disputes.
Faye has BSocSci, Honours, Masters and LLB degrees from the University of Cape Town and clerked for Justice Khampepe at the Constitutional Court.
- Acted for one of the defendants in the settlement of the largest class action claim brought in South African history.
- Represented one of the country’s largest beverage manufacturers in various commercial and contractual disputes across its range of operations, in arbitrations as well as litigation in the South African courts.
- Successfully obtained urgent interdicts for a range of clients including South Africa’s largest brewery, a multi-national engineering firm and one of the country’s largest beverage manufacturers.
- Acted for several state-owned and state entities in litigation proceedings.
- Currently representing several large corporate taxpayers in litigation proceedings against the South African Revenue Service.
- Currently representing a major bank in defending proceedings relating to the demand on a bank guarantee in Arusha, Tanzania