T: +254 79 950 7003 E: email@example.com
- Publications & Insights
Esther is an Associate in the Intellectual Property and Technology Department in our Nairobi office.
She advises clients on issues relating to regulatory and compliance issues covering data privacy and protection, technology, cryptocurrency, cyber security, fintech and general commercial IP matters particularly copyright and trademarks.
During her career, Esther has worked as an associate at Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr where she regularly advised clients on general commercial practice and regulatory and compliance issues covering environmental and climate change law.
Esther has an LLB degree from the University of Nairobi and a diploma from the Kenya School of Law.
- Developing appropriate policies and procedures to regulate data processing activities and drafting/reviewing data protection contractual clauses for numerous clients
- Assisting APT Commodities with the registration of various trademarks in Kenya
- Advising various multinational clients on the impact of the Data Protection Act, 2019 and the subsidiary regulations as they relate to its operations
- Preparing high level review legal opinions and advising on various areas of corporate-commercial law and regulatory compliance
- Providing high level review of various commercial agreements on behalf of Integrated Payment Services Limited
- Drafting various commercial agreements such as motor vehicle lease and sale agreements, non-disclosure agreements, rebate agreements, commercial lease agreements, shareholder agreements, and share subscription agreements on behalf of numerous international and local clients including Mobikey and Mota-Engil.
* Experience gained prior to joining Bowmans
Publications & Insights
- Kenya: What the carbon – series 1: a snapshot of the recent developments in Kenya’s carbon space
- Kenya: The road to COP27 – Actions towards a greener future for Kenya
- Kenya: Sustainable Practices Towards a Circular Economy: Introduction of the Sustainable Waste Management Act, 2022
- East Africa: IP East Africa Quarterly Newsletter – Q3 2022
- Kenya: Delving into Telecommunications – Dealing With Clients in The Telecommunications Sector
- Kenya: TMT Tidbits: Delving into Telecommunications – Understanding the Regulatory Environment
- Kenya: Towards Protection of Children’s Rights in the Digital Space
- Kenya: Data Protection: Getting Ready for Registration