- Publications & Insights
Daryn Byron is an associate in our Johannesburg office’s Project Finance Department and forms part of the Construction Practice.
Daryn specialises in the construction and engineering infrastructure sector with a focus on corporate construction and construction litigation.
Daryn has assisted in a number of disputes arising mainly from standard form construction contracts such as FIDIC, NEC and JBCC.
Daryn has obtained an LLB degree (cum laude) from the University of South Africa (Unisa).
- Acted on behalf of Eskom Holdings SOC Ltd as the employer in the resolution of a dispute of a major infrastructure project through adjudication.
- Advising Babcock Ntuthuko Engineering on large-scale disputes with an electricity public utility related to tenders for boiler maintenance services on coal-fired power stations as well as resolution of disputes related to early termination of an NEC3 Term Services Agreement.
- Advised a global retail client on the refurbishment and construction of stores throughout South Africa, including drafting the agreement providing for the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of the stores.
- Advised the employer in the expansion project of the Rack Centre data centre in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Acted on behalf of a UK client as the contractor, in a number of adjudication proceedings, governed by English Law.
- Advised the main contractor on the project management office and rebranding agreement of fuel service stations of a major fuel brand throughout South Africa and Botswana.
- Advised the Seller on a behind the meter PPA agreement for the design construction, installation, commission, operation and maintenance of a waste fuelled pyrolysis fired combined heat and power plant.