- Publications & Insights
Cynthia is an associate in our Nairobi office and a member of the Corporate Commercial Department, specializing in competition law at the firm.
She holds a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from Strathmore University and a Post Graduate diploma from the Kenya School of Law. She is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Assisted in the preparation of merger filings to COMESA Competition Commission and the Fair Competition Commission in respect of the G4S takeover by Allied Universal.
- Assisted in the preparation of merger filing to the Competition Authority of Kenya in respect of the acquisition of QPEA GT Menengai Limited by Globeleq Geothermal (Kenya) Limited.
- Assisted in filing several merger notifications and exclusion applications to the Competition Authority of Kenya.
- Assisted in advising on the acquisition of Uwezo Microfinance Bank by Salaam African Bank.
- Assisted in advising on the acquisition of the bio control business of Dudutech by the InVivo Group.
- Assisted in conducting several due diligence exercises in respect of various M&A transactions.
- Assisted in preparing advisory opinions on merger control, restrictive trade practices and general corporate matters.