- Publications & Insights
Arnold Mutisya is a senior associate in our Nairobi office and a member of the Corporate and Commercial Law department.
He specialises in corporate and commercial law work involving mergers and acquisitions, private equity and joint venture transactions, private client work and general corporate and commercial advisory work.
He has experience in a wide range of corporate and commercial matters and has acted in many high profile Kenyan and international merger transactions, joint venture transactions and private equity transactions as well as corporate and commercial advisory work.
He is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya and a member of the Law Society of Kenya. Arnold is a Certified Public Accountant and he is also registered as a Certified Secretary (CS) with the Institute of Certified Secretaries of Kenya (ICS).
Arnold holds a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from University of Nairobi, a Postgraduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law
- Acting for a leading retailer in respect of a minority acquisition by a private equity fund.
- Provision of setting up advice and subsequent support in setting up to clients in different sectors including the telecommunications sectors, banking sectors as well as charitable entities looking to set up in Kenya.
- Acted in various high profile Kenyan and international merger transactions, joint venture transactions and private equity transactions.
- Private client work including estate planning.
- Preparing advisory opinions on general corporate matters.
Publications & Insights
- Kenya: Proposed changes to compliance requirements for companies and limited liability partnerships
- Kenya: A snapshot of family trusts
- Kenya: Advising a confidential client on the launch of its satellite services in Kenya
- Kenya: Local directorship – Not a legal requirement but a practical conundrum for people setting up companies
- Impact Investing in Kenya, Mauritius and South Africa