- Publications & Insights
Amandla Makhongwana is an Associate in our Employment & Benefits Practice in Johannesburg.
Amandla has assisted the Practice with advising corporate and public sector on matters related to various aspects of employment and administrative law, which include but not limited to, review proceedings in the Labour Court, unfair dismissals, disciplinary enquiries and litigation in private arbitrations in the Commission for Conciliation, Mediation Arbitration (CCMA) and the South African Local Government Bargaining Council (SALGBC).
Amandla has assisted in conducting investigations on behalf of clients into various employment-related issues, drafting investigation reports for such clients where necessary and advising clients on appropriate action in the circumstances.
Amandla has also assisted in instituting disciplinary action measures against employees of various state-bodies and parastatals.
Amandla is a member of the Golden Key Society and a member if the South African Society for Labour Law (SASLAW).
She has LLB and LLM degrees from the University of the Witwatersrand.
- Assisting in advising corporate and public sector clients
- Assisting in advising on how to manage poor performance and misconduct
- Assisting in initiating disciplinary enquiries from start to end
- Assisting in employment litigation and adjudication
- Conducting investigation an investigation into various allegation of misconduct relating to a senior employee of a market conduct regulator and drafting a report
Publications & Insights
- South Africa: AARTO compliance and employment ramifications
- South Africa: Doctrine of common purpose does not serve to sacrifice innocent employees out of sympathy for employers
- South Africa: ConCourt settles the law on various issues relating to large-scale retrenchments
- South Africa: ConCourt rules – Intolerability of a continued employment