Start your legal career at one of the premier African law firms, where you get exposure to high-end, top-quality work.
What we offer
Our firm is not simply a place of work; it is also the place where professional experience is developed and lasting relationships are formed. In working with us you will get access to:
- on-the-job training and mentorship;
- experience and exposure to various practice areas as a result of quarterly rotations; and
- the ability to interact with our highly competent advocates of the High Court and other lawyers across our geographical footprint.
Our Pupillage Programme
We look for lawyers aspiring to complete their training as Kenyan advocates - well-rounded people with a high level of academic achievement and commercial awareness.
To be considered for a pupillage position, applicants must have:
- KCSE Certificate (or equivalent) and demonstration of strong academic achievement
- LLB student Qualification (upper second class honours and above)
- Admitted to Advocate Training Programme at the Kenya School of Law
- Be outgoing, curious, ambitious and commercially-minded with a passion to succeed as a lawyer in a top law firm in Africa
How To Apply
Pupillage Applications Update
Thank you for your interest in our pupillage program.
Join Our 2025 Pupillage Programme
We are now accepting applications! Interested candidates can apply by clicking here or scanning the QR Code below.
Application Deadline: Make sure to submit your application by March 31, 2024.
Selection Process: The selection process, including interviews and written assessments, will commence in May 2024.
We look forward to welcoming a new batch of pupils and continuing our tradition of nurturing the next generation of legal professionals.
Our Virtual Work Experience Programme
We offer a Virtual Experience Programme, which provides an opportunity for you to participate in some of the tasks we would normally assign to students on site. This online self-paced programme requires no prior experience and is designed to grant you a sneak peek into the world of corporate law at Bowmans. All you need to do is create your profile and enrol to complete one (or more) of the activities on offer here.
There are five modules for you to work through. Complete all of them and move a step closer to identifying whether a career in corporate law is for you and possibly your preferred area of law. You’ll be awarded a certificate in recognition of your experience which you can add to your resume and social media profiles.