PORTS, TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS SECTOR NEWS ROUND-UP, 4/2021 (22 FEBRUARY – 5 MARCH 2021)
In light of the rapid pace of infrastructure and transport developments across Africa, our Ports, Transport and Logistics (PTL) Sector Group is pleased to present Bowmans’ latest PTL news round-up. Our regular round-ups bring you a selection of pan-African PTL-related stories and keep you up to date regarding developments in the space across Africa.
We draw on a network of multi-disciplinary experts across Africa in fields as diverse as project finance, construction and environmental law, to keep you in the know about developments and thought leadership in the PTL space.
The articles to which we refer readers are, unless stated otherwise, neither written nor edited by ourselves and appear in their original form. Bowmans does not necessarily agree with opinions expressed in those articles.
This edition includes news headlines and links to articles from a variety of sources, covering stories from Burundi, Djibouti, Kenya, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania and Zimbabwe.
For a selection of South African PTL news stories...
- President addresses need for efficient rail and ports network
Read the full article from Creamer Media’s Engineering News on 5 March 2021.
- Saldanha Bay IDZ brings in R21 billion worth of investments
Read the full article from Africa Ports on 1 March 2021. Also reported in Southern Africa’s Freight News by FTW here.
- Upgrade for the Ngqura Container Terminal
Read the full article from Africa Ports on 24 February 2021.
- Transnet prioritising capacity improvements on the coal line
Read the full press release from Transnet on 20 February 2021.
- Durban and Santos – a tale of two ports
Read the full article from Africa Ports on 22 February 2021.
For a selection of PTL news stories covering Burundi, Djibouti, Kenya, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Tanzania and Zimbabwe…
- Expansion in East Africa, Northern Mozambique on the cards
Read the full article from Southern Africa’s Freight News by FTW on 5 March 2021.
- Tanzania-Burundi rail connection to cost US$1.9 billion
Read the full article from Africa Ports on 2 March 2021.
- Port of Mombasa records steady growth
Read the full article from Southern African’s Freight News by FTW on 1 March 2021.
- Namibia achieves customs connectivity with South Africa
Read the full article from Southern African’s Freight News by FTW on 26 February 2021.
- Rehabilitation of Beira-Zimbabwe railway back underway
Read the full article from Africa Ports on 23 February 2021.
- Bulk freight drives volumes higher than expected at Beira
Read the full article from Southern African’s Freight News by FTW on 25 February 2021.
- Djibouti set to provide floating bunker operations
Read the full article from Africa Ports on 21 February 2021.