EAST AFRICA: IP QUARTERLY NEWSLETTER – Q3 2023
Our Lawyers in the IP and Technology Practice have distilled and thoughtfully captured these developments in a palatable format for our readers to enjoy. We hope that you will find these features informative.
- Kenya: The High Court and the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner issue decisions on complaints and the Right to Privacy in using CCTV cameras by Ariana Issaias, Taria Khaoma and Patrick Kamanthe. To access this article, click here.
- Kenya: The Court of Appeal decides on the statutory obligations of suppliers in respect of product labelling by Cecil Kuyo and George Ndung’u. To access this article, click here.
- Kenya: An overview of the increasing push for registration and regulation of Patents in emerging technology by David Opijah and Richard Odongo. To access this article, click here.
- Kenya: Cabinet Secretary removes local equity requirement for all ICT sector players with immediate effect by John Syekei, Daniel Mwathe and Richard Odongo. To access this article, click here.
- Tanzania: The Fintech Regulatory Sandbox Regulations 2023 by Evarist Kameja. To access this article, click here.
- Mauritius: A case analysis on trade names and trademarks by Gilles Athaw and Vaneesha Doorgakant. To access this article, click here.
We are hopeful that this promising wave of legal developments does not die down but continues to mature and evolve. So, keep an eye out for our mind-blowing, edge-of-the-seat, informative Q4 Newsletter.
If you require any further information or have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact John Syekei, the authors captured in the articles or any Bowmans IP and Technology Practice member.